6 Week Art Course – Wednesday
Wednesday’s 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm – £180
The Six- Week Art Course, this course is great for beginners who want to step into art without any prior artistic experience. The course includes instruction and guidance, all equipment and materials and will cover:
- How to choose an image to draw or paint and in what medium, drawing or tracing the image, and producing an under painting.
- Choosing the right colours and mixing your palette. Starting the background.
- Stage two of the painting or drawing, blocking in and correcting colours.
- Finishing the background, re-establishing darkest and lightest areas.
- Finishing touches and details.
- Final details, sharing ideas, signing our work and choosing the next subject!
- 12:30 - 3:00
- 6 Week Art Course
- Arrive at the Woodland Studio at 6.30pm each week and each week the course finishes at 9pm. On week one and two we will paint a practice piece such as a vase of flowers or a scene. This is to help you build confidence when using the oil paints and brushes and to start to develop your skills. This part of the course is set at our pace and I am on hand to make sure you understand and are able to make each step on your painting.
We will have a short hot drink and biscuit break around 8pm so evaluate the progress so far.
In weeks three to six we begin your choice of painting, we will have discussed and agreed on an image or idea for your final piece on weeks one and two. We will begin, usually, by sketching or tracing your or image onto the canvas you have chosen from the section at the Studio. Then we will do an underpainting in a colour such as Brunt Umber.
The stages after the underpainting is dry will be adding the three to six tones of colour, including shadow tones, base colours and highlights.
The final stage is the finishing touches which is normally done on week six.
During weeks three to six we have ample opportunity to go back to the painting and rectify any errors or areas you think need more attention before the next phase is started.
N.B. it will be possible to purchase extra weeks, at a pro rata rate, after the course has finished if you need more time to complete your art work, or you can choose to take it home and finish it, but please note this will only be necessary for more complex pieces and usually six weeks is sufficient time to complete your work.
The final job will be to pose with your masterpeice!